The Healthy Moms program is focused on creating a nurturing and supportive environment that is life-changing and empowers women to reach their highest potential. It is funded by Rochester Regional Health, Rochester Regional Health Foundation and The Perinatal Network of Monroe County. Our program's goals are to:
The Healthy Moms Program provides moms with the support they need to reach their full potential as a parent and as an individual. Moms pick the services they are interested in and create a customized plan of what they would like to accomplish at Healthy Moms. Healthy Moms offers the following services:
- Provide moms with the support they need to be physically healthy, emotionally healthy, and self-sufficient
- Help pregnant moms have a healthy baby that is born full-term at 40 weeks and weighs 5 1/2 pounds and above
- Pregnancy education classes
- On-site mental health counseling
- Care management
- Project Independence job training program
- Leadership academy
- Smoking cessation
Moms participating in the above services can receive on-site childcare. Moms that live in the City of Rochester can receive free transportation.
Get the guidance and skills coaching you need for your education and career objectives.
- Job training: With on-site job coaching at the Unity St. Mary's Campus, you'll learn valuable work skills and participate in our job training program. See below to watch our job training video.
- Vocational workshops: We offer weekly workshops where you'll get hands-on assistance with resume writing, applying for jobs and preparing for interviews.
- Community-based employment: We'll help you find paid employment while also assisting you with learning job skills, managing work relationships and achieving positive outcomes.
- Educational programs: We'll help you with enrolling in GED and college programs and provide on-site coaching right at your school.
Healthy Moms serves women with children under the age of 4 who live in Monroe County. Women who live within the city limits of Monroe County are eligible for van transportation, those who live outside the city must find their own ride to Healthy Moms. Healthy Moms participants are eligible for childcare during their appointments at Healthy Moms.
How to join
Call us at (585) 368-3490 or complete our referral form. Download the form and then email it to email@example.com, fax it to (585) 368-3748 or bring it to our office at:
89 Genesee Street
Rochester, NY 14611